UIC’s Workforce Development Program was built to meet the growing service demands of development activities in the Arctic.
UIC is building a pool of job seekers, with the goal of cross-training employees for positions across multiple projects. Visit the Events page to see what training opportunities are currently available. The importance of local hire is vital to local and statewide communities for jobs and economic sustainability.
The goal of the Training Development Program is to:
- Be proactive in recruitment efforts across the North Slope and Alaska.
- Create awareness of upcoming positions within the communities to prepare potential candidates to meet project needs.
- Identify a career path for workers by mentoring each person’s development while building their credentials.
- Maritime 30 hours OSHA
- Construction 30 hours OSHA
- General Industry 30 hours OSHA
- Disaster Site Worker OSHA
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
- North Slope Training Cooperative
- CPR and First Aid
- Construction Management
- Able Body Seaman
- Protected Species Observer
If you are a shareholder, descendant, or spouse of a shareholder and would like to participate in one of our training programs, please contact us at:
Fairbanks Job Center: http://www.jobs.state.ak.us/offices/fairbanks.htm
Anchorage Job Center: http://jobs.alaska.gov/
Alaska Dept of Workforce Development Vocational Rehab: http://labor.alaska.gov/dvr/home.htm
Alaska Job Center Network: http://jobs.alaska.gov/training.htm
Alaska Job Centers
3301 Eagle Street, Suite 101
Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: 269-4800 Fax: 269-4825
1251 Muldoon Rd, Suite 111
Anchorage, AK 99504
Phone: 269-0000 Fax: 269-2032
1078 Kiogak Street, PO Box 949
Barrow, AK 99723
Phone: 852-4111 Fax: 852-4122 Toll Free: 1-888-429-4111
675 Seventh Avenue, Station D
Fairbanks, AK 99701-4531
Phone: 451-5967 Fax: 451-2919, TDD - 907-451-5901
Job Seekers: email@example.com